Clutter cutting questions to ask yourself:
Do I love it?
If not, why are you hanging onto something that you don’t even like? Let it go!
Do I need to keep it?
Think tax returns
When was the last time I used this?
• If you have not used something within the last twelve months, chances are you don’t need to keep it in your home.
• There are a few exceptions to this: seasonal items, formal wear, big serving pieces i.e.: punch bowl.
What do I want this room to look like, how do I want to use it?
• Do you want to have a meal with your family at your dining table?
• Do you want a more restful night sleeping in your bedroom?
• Do you want a functioning office?
What is the worst thing that could happen if I got rid of this?
Can you find it somewhere else? Bank statements, utility bills and the like are available on-line.
Does it have a home?
• Remember “A place for everything and everything in its place”. Everything you have must have a designated home.
• Are you willing to let something else go in order to make room for it?
• Remember, you only have so much space.
Please be brutally honest with yourself. Letting go is very liberating.