Create an evening routine to tidy up
The goal here is to pick things up and put away where they belong. Doing this task each night will help your next morning run smoother.
Use a timer and give yourself 15 minutes to complete. If you need a little more time, fine, but 30 minutes max.
Get the kids involved & make it a game with them. Whoever gets their stuff picked up and put away first gets a simple prize. They get to pick the family movie to watch, pick their favorite meal to have, pick their favorite dessert, etc.
Some ideas for your routine are:
- Load & start the dishwasher
- Recycle the newspaper
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Take out garbage & recycling
- Put remotes back where they belong
- Wipe down kitchen counters
- Put away books, toys, etc.
- Put away any clothes that were worn throughout the day
Tidy up as you go and before you know it you will be having sweet dreams!