https://www.judyozment.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Judy-Ozment-Professional-Organization-Services-Donate-Blog-Image.jpg 333 500 Liya Levich http://judyozment.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Judy-Ozment-Professional-Organization-Services-Logo-Color-Horizontal.png Liya Levich2012-08-02 18:51:462019-02-05 14:22:04Simplify Your Life Week – Day Two
byon AUGUST 2, 2012
Set up a donation station in everyone’s closet.
- This can be a shopping bag, grocery bag, box, whatever you decide. I suggest using something that you don’t mind going away. Then you don’t have to deal with getting your nice tote bags back when you are dropping off your donations.
- Have a pen & pad of paper nearby. Each time you come across something you don’t like, doesn’t fit, and is outdated or worn – put it in the bag. Make note of it for tax purposes.
- Discuss what is and is not acceptable for older children to get rid of.
- Help younger children with their items to donate.
- When the bag is full take it to your favorite charity, get a receipt & staple it to the paper you recorded the contents on & put it in your tax file.
- Take your children with when you drop off the items to be donated. They will feel good about helping out others.
- This is less overwhelming than trying to do a huge purge all at once.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!